San Antonio Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycle accidents, like pedestrian accidents, are on the rise. From 2014 to 2015, the number of fatal bicycle accidents rose 12.2%. Furthermore, deaths due to bicycle accidents made up 2.3% of all traffic deaths in 2015. Texas was 3rd in the nation with 50 cyclist fatalities in 2015, four of those being in San Antonio. If you need a San Antonio bicycle accident attorney, call D. Willis Law. We would love to help you.
San Antonio Bicycle Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released a report on the number of bicycle accidents that occurred in 2015. Consider the following statistics:
- Motor vehicle accidents killed 818 cyclists.
- Motor vehicle accidents injured 45,000 cyclists.
- The average age of cyclists killed in traffic crashes is 45. This age has gradually increased in the last 10 years.
- Alcohol was involved in 37% of all cyclist fatalities, for either the cyclist or the driver.
- In 84% of motor vehicle vs cyclist fatalities, the front of the motor vehicle struck the cyclist.
- Males are most likely to be involved in bicycle accidents. Males made up 85% of cycling fatalities and 80% of cycling injuries.
What time do most bicycle accidents occur?
- An equal number of bicyclist fatalities (47%) occur in the dark versus the daylight.
- The three-hour time period with the highest percentage of bicyclist fatalities is 6 p.m. to 8:59 p.m.
Bicycle Safety Tips
It may be impossible to completely eliminate all cycling accidents, but there are a few things both cyclists and drivers can do to lower their risk of being seriously injured in an accident:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Bicyclists should follow the same rules of the road as vehicle operators. Observe all traffic signs and make sure to travel in the same direction as traffic.
- Cyclists should wear bright colored-clothing to increase their visibility to motorists.
- When cycling at night, bicyclists should use a front light and flashing rear light, as well as reflective tape on clothing.
How to avoid a bicycle accident
- Motorists should allow at least three feet of space when passing cyclists.
- Be on the lookout for cyclists at all times. They may not always be riding where they should be.
- Do not look at your phone while driving.
Why you need a San Antonio Bicycle Accident Attorney
Insurance companies will try to pay as little as possible on your bicycle accident claim. Having an attorney on your side will level the playing field, making sure you don’t get less than you deserve. It’s important to have someone on your side who has experience dealing with injury claims and negotiating with insurance companies. It’s even better if you have an attorney who has years of insider knowledge through working in the insurance industry.
An experienced attorney will know the true value of your case and prevent you from getting taken advantage of. Daniel Willis has worked inside the insurance industry handling hundreds of lawsuits and has even won at trial for the insurance companies.
D. Willis Law Can Help You Receive Compensation
The San Antonio-based attorneys of D. Willis Law have experience, knowledge, and proven results to help you receive compensation for your San Antonio bicycle accident.
- Attorney Daniel Willis has more than 10 years’ experience representing clients in all types of personal injury cases.
- Attorney Daniel Willis has worked for numerous insurance companies and understands how auto insurers operate.
- D. Willis Law is committed to your recovery, well-being, and general health. We provide peace of mind by taking care of all the paperwork and red tape so you do not have to.
- D. Willis Law offers a 100% free consultation with no strings attached. You don’t pay us any fees if we don’t win your case. No recovery, no fee.
A bicycle accident can be an incredibly serious, life-changing experience. Get help from those who can ease the burden on you.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, contact D. Willis Law today for your no-fee consultation.